Monday, July 16, 2012

Christmas in July

Hello everyone!

First, I want to send out a big welcome and thank you to my new followers!  I'm very glad to have you on my crafting journey!  I hope everyone is having a wonderful and creative summer so far!  It has been a while since my last post and I have no idea where the days have gone.  Summer has that effect, doesn't it!?  I have lots of catching up to do and (finally) a card to share.  
This adorable image was a gift from Ignacio at Nicecrane Designs and is part of a beautiful set of vintage images called Kittens and Puppies on Christmas.  Thank you Ignacio; I just love these images to bits!  They are super quick and easy to work with too, since they are already coloured.  Just print them on some card and your good to go!

I created my first ever shaker card, which was surprisingly simple to do.  I made the frame using SCAL2 by welding various shapes together and I love how it turned out.  The acetate was recycled from some packaging - the clear sheets that cling stamps are sandwiched between.  Since I've started putting my clings in binders, I have a lot of these kicking around.  The paper is from Best Creations (Merry Christmas pad).  I used a McGill punch for the branches, the holly is from My Scrap Chick and the corner is a die from Nellie Snellen.  The little jingly bells were died red with Adirondack ink and the frame was filled with some coarse glitter.  A little tule and my first Christmas card of the year is complete!

I would like to enter this card in the following fun challenges:

Sweet Stamps challenge - Victorian (vintage) Christmas
Charisma Cardz Challenge - Recycle (the acetate was from packaging)
Creatalicious Challenge - Christmas in July
Totally Gorjuss - Christmas

Thanks for taking a peek and for taking the time to leave a comment!  Have a wonderful week!

Hugs,

Dawn

9 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Awesome card- love the shaker and the shaped die you cut with your machine. Love the corner die and the flower embellie. Thanks so much for joining us in the Sweet Stamps challenge!

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Dawn
A gorgeous card love the image ,hope you are keeping well
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Nicecrane Designs said...

Wowwww Dawn, I really love this shaker card,,,,i´ll post it in my blog,,,,I love each detail here, puches, dies,colors and all over how you used my funny pict,,,,,I am inviting you to join in my CT let me know if you are interesting my friend.

Jessi Fogan said...

LOVE IT! So much fun in this creation, Dawn - the tulle, bells, and leaves make such a wonderful embellishment (I love using those teensy bells!), and glitter is one of those MUST have Christmas accents (well, for me. lol) Just wonderful!
Glad that you're busy enjoying summer!

Craftdee said...

What a sweet card, your frame has turned out beautifully,makes me feel guilty for not using my Silhouette more! Love your holly too, TFS, Donna ☺

Sarah said...

Such a cute card Dawn! Lovely vintage style image. Nice to see you back!

Sarah x

Lisa Minckler said...

Dawn!!
I know you can't see me right now but I'm multi-tasking by jumping up and down, clapping my hands AND typing. This is sooooo wonderful. I absolutely LOVE your shaker Christmas card. :)
Phew...i'm kinda worn out now...

Anonymous said...

Cute shaker card hunny! I always find those cards tricky! so great job! xx

Bettina L. said...

This is a supercute shaker christmas card. Love the dogs and the design with the corners and leaves. Thanks for playing at Totally Gorjuss and good luck. Hope to see you back saturday for a new challenge. Bettina xx