Friday, February 15, 2013

Playing In Paradise 104 - Add a Little Sparkle!

Hello everyone,

I hope you are all well and have enjoyed a wonderful Valentine's Day.   It is Friday and that means that in addition to this week finally coming to an end, it is also time for a new Playing in Paradise Challenge.  The talented Linda is hosting this time around and she has decided that our projects should have a little sparkle.  Of course they could sparkle a lot too :)  As always, you can create anything you like using any supplies you like as long as you follow the theme and your project post is new (not backdated).


Here is my take on the challenge:

If I was a kitten looking for a shoe to nap in, I would definitely opt for a super sparkly shoe with a leopard print lining :)  My cat prefers sweaty old running shoes and my hubby's stinky hockey equipment, but I try not to judge her for these shortcomings - she is very lovable most of the time.

Supplies:

Image - Crafter's Companion from the Strawberry Kisses line stamped with Momento black onto Copic Express paper and American Crafts POW glitter paper in Rouge (although I think it is actually pink in spite of the name).  This paper is really smooth and clean to work with - wonderful for stamping on, just make sure your stamp is well juiced.  The image was paper pieced.
Colouring - Copic C0, C2, C4 and C7 + prisma pencils for the pinks
Paper - White Bazzill and Theresa Collins
Other - Cheery Lynn Designs French Pastry Doily die, sheer ribbon, pins, flat pearls, lace, strung pearls, floral trim and tulle


I hope you will join us this week - playing with sparkly stuff is was lots of fun and I would love to see what you create.  The team has created some beautiful projects - pop by the Scrapbooker's Paradise blog to be inspired.  There is a fab prize up for grabs so grab your glitter and have a play :)

Thanks so much for popping by and for taking the time to leave a comment.  I love reading them and having the chance to visit you back.  Have a great weekend!

Hugs & Happy Crafting!

Dawn


6 comments:

fairyrocks said...

Hi Dawn, this little card is just so adorable all the way around. Thanks for the tuts on how to recreate.
Keep smiling and creating

Allison Rankin said...

So cute and fun...I always love your embellishments choices...there is so much to drink in here!

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

So pretty, I love the lace flowers and doilies and the image is adorable
Lindsay xx

Linda Pekrul said...

Ah, such a lovely feminine card and the image is just adorable. I would curl up in that shoe anyday!! lol. I think you need to give me lessons in bow tying ... yours is just beautiful!

Jessi Fogan said...

I've got to laugh at your cat - true cats really do prefer the fragrant items, don't they? Weirdos :)
I love this sparkly shoe - I so wish these little girl princess shoes came in my size! You've got the most perfect embellishments going on too - a truly lovely girly card!

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Love your sparkly shoe card so feminine. Thanks for dropping by my blog a leaving such a nice comment and I noticed that you are now a follower too .
Marilyn