Friday, February 22, 2013

Travelling with Playing in Paradise

Hi everyone,

I hope your week was splendid!  It is Friday, so that means a new Playing in Paradise challenge.  This week the talented Nina is hosting and she chose travel as her theme.  You can create anything you like using any product you like so long as your project fits the theme and is a new post (not backdated).  I hope you will join in!


I have to admit, I was completely stumped by this theme.  I don't really have much in the way of planes, trains and automobiles.  So, instead I went with a postcard.  We always used to purchase postcards of places we went when we travelled, both for souvenirs and to send to loved ones back home.  Just never mind that this one is a little Christmasy; the image is so gorgeous I couldn't wait till December to get it inky! :o)

Here is the front:


And the back:

Supplies:

Paper - 300g hot pressed watercolour paper
Stamps - Stampendous Snowy Postcard for the image on the front and 'this side for the address' text on back, post card text (back) is from the Tim Holtz Urban Chic set
Ink - Black Stazon for stamping, Copic 0.3 black multiliner for the line dividing the card in half (this pen does not bleed, is waterproof and copic proof), Distress inks (antique linen, vintage photo, scattered straw, fired brick, and forest moss)
Other - glue pen and Dazzling Diamonds glitter for snow

To see more travel inspiration, pop by the Scrapbooker's Paradise blog to see what the talented team has created.  As always, Scrapbooker's Paradise has a wonderful prize up for grabs.  I hope you'll join in the fun and I'm looking forward to seeing all your projects!

Hugs and Happy Crafting!

Dawn

10 comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

A postcard is a fabulous interpretation! And how beautiful is this scene - I love how you've softly coloured the holly :)

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Dawn. I really do like that image and the post card design is wonderful
Sue xx

fairyrocks said...

I love how you did this Dawn, I think I had that stamp in my cart one time. and it was out of stock. I would like to travel to that little cottage in the woods, in a sleigh pulled by gorgeous Clidesdales,
Keep smiling and creating

Craftdee said...

I love your thinking on this one :-) It's such a clever design, and beautifully executed, really classy. Thanks for leaving me some love re my little furry friend too, I appreciate it :-) Donna xx

Donna Ellis said...

Your post card is perfect for the travel theme - same vintage colors, but the feel of being in a horse drawn carriage on a snowy evening - I've never really traveled in that mode before, have you? The image is gorgeous!

downrightcrafty said...

wow love this such an inspirational piece
Hugs Kate xx

Linda Pekrul said...

I was really stumped with this challenge too. I LOVE your interpretation using a post card. And what a beautiful postcard it is!! That is one of my favorite stamps and I just love how you've coloured it and then added glitter in the snow. Very, very pretty.

Faye said...

Oh Dawn, what a fantastic vintagey creation. Lovely. X

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really beautiful, love that gorgeous image and the vintage look postcard on the back
Lindsay xx

Notes by Nina said...

What a fantastic take on the challenge, and it is perfect. I love the vintage look, this stamp is wonderful.