Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Dreaming with your Feet



Hello everyone,

I hope you have all been well!  I celebrated my 29th birthday last weekend... again.  I'm not actually trying to cling on to my youth - I have always had an old spirit - I just actually forget my age on a regular basis and have to do the math in my head to figure it out.  29 is easy.  Anyone else forget their age??  Just curious.  Anyway, I had a wonderful birthday and was spoiled with many of my favourite things, including some new craft goodies which I am very excited to create with.  But for today, I have an altered candle to share.


The super sweet image is a Mo Manning by Penny Black and I coloured it with Distress inks.  Who knew that water colouring with Distress and wax went together?  If you are new to candles and want to learn, I put together a little picture tutorial on the Scrapbooker's Paradise inspirational blog showing how you can make your own here.  I hope you will pop on over to check it out.

Thanks so much for stopping by and for taking the time to leave a comment.  I'd love to know what you think and have the chance to visit you too.  I'll be back tomorrow with a card.  See you then!

Hugs,

Dawn

6 comments:

Sue said...

Belated Birthday wishes Dawn, I'm pleased that you had a good birthday. Yes, I conveniently forget my age too!!
Your candle is gorgeous, the image is just delightful and I love the wording. Thank you for the tutorial too.
I have made a card with the adorable Dreamy Dragon stamp you sent to me. I shall be adding it to my blog later today. Thank you again.
hugs Sue xx

fairyrocks said...

Happy Birthday, I hope this is the best year yet!! I have forgotten my age at times. I think the more we mature, the less the numbers mean. Love this candle art. Keep smiling and creating

Jessi Fogan said...

Happy Birthday!! 29 is a great age to stick at ;)
I LOVE the candle! That image is super sweet, as is the quote - and the twine & flower wrap sets everything off beautifully :)

Unknown said...

Happy belated birthday to you dear Dawn, so happy that you´ve had a wonderful day! And don´t worry about your age, after all that´s nothing but a number, it´s how you feel that counts! Love your altered candle, gosh, what a sweet bear that is! Well done! Big hugs, Ira xox
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Craftdee said...

Hope you had a lovely birthday, I (vaguely) remember 29; it was a very good year - I hope your's is too :-) I love your candle, thanks for the tutorial, I'll have to give it a go, Donna xx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Oh this is so sweet and pretty, love the image and the sentiment is wonderful
Lindsay xx